An Award Winning Real Estate Team requires an experienced Office Manager to run the day to day operation. The position requires superior organizational, people, and management skills as the candidate will be also responsible for managing all administrative staff. Experience in the real estate industry is a must, and preference is given to those who speak Cantonese and Mandarin. Initially, this is a 14-month contract position to fill in for the current office manager while she is off on maternity leave.
The Office Manager is responsible organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Manager reports to the General Manager and will have strong people skills, be able to manage a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks, and be proficient with computers.
1. Project Management and Administration
- Manage and coordinate all office operations
- Implement, manage and maintain record keeping, confidential personnel files, purchasing and some property management
- Assist with Human Resources management: design and implement policies and procedures, recruitment, orientation and training of staff
- Manage office equipment, maintenance and service contracts and systems
- Manage technology and telecommunications systems and provide general support to staff
- Coordinate and liaise with the accountants and Bookkeepers and ensures all financial reports are prepared as prescribed and submitted by the dates required
- Maintain the existing administrative filing system
- Prepare, respond to and file correspondence on behalf of the team
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Maintain a petty cash system and various budgets
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Manage all software licenses and services contracts
- Assist with hiring, orientating and training of staff when applicable
- Communicate with suppliers, contractors, and service personnel as required.
- Update, maintain and manage tracking systems
2. Be the Conduit to the Head Office
- Manage all financial interactions with the head office
3. Support for the Broker of Record and General Manager
- Proactively schedule and plan the weekly team meetings
- Identify and respond to all requests that can be dealt with independently and confidentially
- Assist with reporting requirements to TREB and our Head Office
- Prepare correspondence, materials and agendas, action logs and ensure timely follow up
- Ensure related travel and hotel accommodations are arranged
4. Supervise Administration staff
- Supervision and coordination of office staff including but not limited to (Client Care Specialists and the Office Administrator)
- Ensure that everyone is treated with respect and dignity in order to motivate and inspire
- Monitor quality of work, undertake performance reviews and assess training needs;
- Administer facility maintenance contracts including cleaning, security, repairs etc.; and,
- Oversee coordination of schedules, efficient work distribution and relief needs as required.
- Hiring new administration staff as required
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma in Business Administration, or equivalent experience
Knowledge / Relevant Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Administrative Manager, Lead administrator or Executive Assistant
- Experience working with a diverse, multicultural population considered an asset
- Fluent in English, with preference given to candidates that speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and make decisions within job scope
- Schedule management skills
- An understanding and experience of a fast moving workplace environment, superior written, and oral communication skills
- Strong track record of customer service and effective people skills in a complex working environment
- Good understanding of business processes, policies and procedures in a real estate brokerage
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment
Apply with a cover letter and resume today!
Please send your cover letter, resume with salary expectation to the attention of James Killoran at email@example.com
*We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.